Allan PETTERSSON
Symphony No. 5 / Viola Concerto
Nobuko Imai,
Malmo Symphony Orchestra
Moshe Atzmon, Lev Markiz
from Amazon.com
Although I'm less aquainted with the Francis recording of No. 5, and have yet to hear Kahler, I can say that this interpretation won me over after one listening. If you have some familiarity with and appreciation of Petterson's sound world, then I think you'll have the same experience too. I can now add this work to my current list of favorite Pettersson Symphonies, including 6, 10, 11, 13, 14, and 15.
The viola concerto is a work in the ripe and "soulful" manner of late Pettersson, although more accessible than works like Symphonies 13 and 15 since its textures and harmonies are comparatively a little lighter. This recording has the sound of conviction and commitment from both soloist and conductor, and is a desirable acquisition for fans of Pettersson's late style.


13 comments:
Thank you.
Many thanks!
File "removed due to inactivity." Could you kindly re-up? Thank you very much.
Please, will you reupload?
Please, could you reupload this cd? Thank you!
Please, could you reupload this cd? Thank you!
Please, could you reupload this cd? Thank you!
Thank you very much :)
I would be glad if you could re-up this one when it suits you. Thank you very much in advance for your time.
New link:
https://nitroflare.com/view/738D5BDB7C1378F/AllanPetersViolaCtoSymph5.rar
Post a Comment