Downloading from Billion Uploads

4/30/2014

Franz Schubert - Deutsche Messe; The 6 Latin Masses




Franz SCHUBERT (1797-1828)

Deutsche Messe
The 6 Latin Masses


Bach Collegium Japan, 
Leverkusen Capella Vocale, 
Spandau Kantorei, 
Berlin Bach Collegium, 
Hamburg Vocal Capella, et al.
 Vienna Symphony Orchestra
 
Hans Gillesberger, Martin Behrmann




These masses are Schubert's hymn-like works with an enormous melodic charm. He composed part of them to texts of Johann Philip Neumann, who was a professor at the Vienna Polytechnical Institute, and they were intended for use by the students congregation at that Institute. He finished the first mass when he was only 17 and the last one just a few months before he died, so his masses, the latin as well as his german ones, really span over a relatively long time of the creative part of his career.

Technically speaking these masses seem easy, but they surely rank among Franz Schubert's best works. They certainly constitute a very mature body of work, most part of which written by the great composer towards the end of his short but very prolific life. The choral part is not overly complex, and so is the orchestral one. To me the beauty of these works is in the interaction between choral, solos and orchestral sections. Sometimes a simple work can be magnificent.

I'm not a regular churchgoer, but just like another reviewer here at Amazon.com, I happened to attend a few masses in Stuttgart and Ludwigsburg, Germany, more than a decade ago. Masses in german and english, the softly spoken magic spell accompanied by Schubert's masses. What a blissful atmosphere! When I think about it, it's very difficult to describe that feeling now, but I guess "intimate" would be the word that comes closest to it.


10 comments:

Xanturios said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Xanturios said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
itadiegues said...

Muchas Gracias.

Unknown said...

Wonderful music, thank you.
One question: could you please upload with for instance Zippyshare?
Bitshare forces you to wait one hour between the downloads. And, even worse, you van only download 2 link per day !
Greetings.

Xanturios said...

I am giving the chance to use 2 servers these are 4 parts which means 8 uploads, took me a long time (5 hours or more). I use bitshare because I have a premium account, that allows me to keep links for a long time. Can´t do any more, sorry

Wagner Matos Ribeiro said...

Could you please share these CDs again. Thank you in advance.

Xanturios said...

New links:

https://nitroflare.com/view/9A6737911A5811B/SchubMassesCD1.rar

https://nitroflare.com/view/BAA60BDFB5B9841/SchubMassesCD2.rar

https://nitroflare.com/view/BFB9F6CFA914051/SchubMassesCD3.rar

Xanturios said...

Alternative and Interchangeable links:

CD1 -->> https://1fichier.com/?il5gr2sl0zel2e92885g

CD2 -->> https://1fichier.com/?ubz8pywyxwyf7xz3dpgv

CD3 -->> https://1fichier.com/?6vb8q1is8nzxwnkq6pge

Wagner Matos Ribeiro said...

Thank you very much.

classic said...

Thank you very much :)