Downloading from Billion Uploads

4/27/2012

Leonard Bernstein: Bernstein conducts Bernstein Vol. 5, Fancy Free, On The Town; Serenade; Prelude, Fugue and Riffs







Prelude, Fugue & Riffs, for clarinet & jazz ensemble

1 Prelude for the brass - 1:49
2 Fugue for the saxes - 1:47
3 Riffs for everyone - 4:14
Columbia Jazz Combo
Benny Goodman (Clarinet)
Conductor: Leonard Bernstein
Recorded May 6, 1963 at Columbia’s 30th street Studio, New York City

Dance Episodes (3) from "On the Town", for orchestra
4 The Great Lover - 1:46
5 Lonely. Pas de deux - 3:25
6 Times Square: 1944 - 4:43
New York Philharmonic
Conductor: Leonard Bernstein
Recorded June 18, 1963 at Philharmonic Hall, Lincoln Center, New York City

Serenade (after Plato: Symposium), for violin, harp, percussion & strings
7 1. Phaedrus. Pausanias. Lento / Allegro marcato - 7:02
8 2. Aristophanes. Allegretto - 4:07
9 3. Erixymachus. Presto)- 1:28
10 4. Agathon. Adagio - 6:53
11 5. Socrates. Alcibiades. Molto tenuto / Allegro molto vivace - 10:54
Zino Francescatti (Violin)
New York Philharmonic
Conductor: Leonard Bernstein
Recorded July 22, 1965 at Manhattan Center, New York City

Fancy Free, ballet
12 1. Enter Three Sailors - 2:50
13 2. Scene at the Bar - 1:39
14 3. Enter Two Girls - 2:59
15 4. Pas de deux - 3:27
16 5. Competition Scene - 3:18
17 6. Three Dance Variations. Variation 1 (Galop) - 1:28
18 6. Three Dance Variations. Variation 2 (Waltz) - 2:38
19 6. Three Dance Variations. Variation 3 (Danzon) - 2:45
20 7. Finale - 4:55
Columbia Symphony Orchestra
Conductor: Leonard Bernstein
Recorded July 13, 1956 at Columbia’s 30th Street Studio, New York City

34 comments:

Simon Morley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Appassionato said...

Much appreciated. Thanks.

Appassionato said...

Much appreciated. Thanks.

Appassionato said...

Great music and performance. I hope there will be more of this. Thanks.

Horacio said...

Thanks a lot!

La Danse de Puck said...

Thanks! Sounds fascinating! I love his ballet Fancy Free... I used it for a soundtrack in a film that never made it outside my own home... but I got to love it!

sebassie said...

Thanks! I got the idea that the Cue file might be wrong. Any help??

Vivelo said...

Thanks so much! Bernstein is the best! Wonderful post.

La Danse de Puck said...

Wow, guys! Sorry to be such a pest, but I also have trouble with this cue... Could you help? Million thanks in ADVANCE as always... I tried fiddling with this one but didn't get anywhere.... Not much good at these things...

Horacio said...

Yes I have trouble too, maybe we can wait for Simon!

Pippo said...

Same problem from my side, the cue file drives XLD app (I have a Mac) really insane and considering that I never had any issue with XLD in years and hundreds of similar procedures that's weird saying the least. I've tried every trick in the book but with no avail.
The only solution would be to open the big FLAC file in an Audio editor convert it to Aiff, I would do it anyway, and cut by hand the tracks but it is very tricky since all three Prelude, Fugue and Riffs are practically one continuous file per se.
Looking at the cue file in a text editor doesn't show any relevant anomaly but the millisecond figure and the RIP software advertisement (Medieval CUE Splitter). Pity

Pippo said...

OK, got the sucker nailed. I downloaded Medieval CUE Splitter (I would rather call it HighEvil CUE Splitter) and had it run with crossover (it makes Win apps run within my MacOS system) and voilà !
As I suspected it seems the cue files that this nasty Windows thing generates are not standard and the cue file can be run only with the same app. Horrible habit of some Win apps (once I got nuts with a similar issue but with a video file and different Win app).
So try downloading Medieval CUE Splitter (it's freeshare) whoever of you using Win system and you should get your files splitted OK.

Simon Morley said...

sorry, can't seem to solve this. I may do a fresh rip on this

Pippo said...

Ok folks, this should do. If it doesn't work we can wait for reripping of kind Simon.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e8f7v83uq3n53fo

Simon Morley said...

i did a new rip all is well. will post new link by tmrw

La Danse de Puck said...

GREAT, Simon! Thanks. And thank you Pippo for trying. I was able to open your cue and I tried some editing but it would not work either.

So thanks to BOTH of you for being so helpful! Puck

Simon Morley said...

I am VERY sorry about this problem with the CUE.

I have ripped again and all seems to work fine:

FLAC IMG(EAC)+CUE+LOG+SCANS
https://rapidshare.com/files/3252268423/LB5.rar
or
https://hotfile.com/dl/154346141/7653d1d/LB5.rar.html

Horacio said...

A Great thanks for reuploading (and re-ripping)

Pippo said...

Thanks again Simon.

sebassie said...

thank for the re-up Simon

La Danse de Puck said...

Thanks a million, Simon, for the extra work. Sorry about that. Having been amongst these matters for so long should have made me learn how to fix cues... but to no avail. Many many thanks for the reup!

Anonymous said...

thanx 4 ur (lots of) work !

aldi

Alex said...

Can you reup!! Hotfile is gone!!

Xanturios said...

This was not mi post, I can´t reupload it, till Simon is back

Alex said...

Thanks for reply, the others "LB conducts the same

Xanturios said...

Yes

Tom said...

could you please re-up? Thanks!
T

Xanturios said...

Sorry this post can't be reuploaded, untill Simon is back. I can't find this post in my HDs. Sorry!

Simon Morley said...

sorry for my long absence!!
new link:
http://m5d98fwmrg.1fichier.com/berns5.rar

Alex said...

thanks a lot Simon

Aldo said...

Please re-upload
:-)

Olfl said...

Can you please re-download this one? Grand Thanks!

Xanturios said...

Note:

This is not Simon's rip as I lost it, so I decided to download it from the web, DD 16/44, flac tracks with covers.

https://nitroflare.com/view/074E40D4B77319E/BernstcondBernsFancyFreeetal.rar

classic said...

Thank you very much :)